Alvium 1800 C SWIR
High-performance SWIR camera modules for embedded applications
Alvium 1800 C SWIR is a small, high-performance industrial camera.
Benefit from infrared sensitivity in a small form factor!
SWIR sensors for embedded system developers
Alvium 1800 C SWIR cameras are the smallest industrial grade low-power uncooled SWIR core modules on the market, making them the ideal match for compact embedded vision systems. Equipped with the new IMX990 or IMX991 SenSWIR InGaAs sensor from Sony, the SWIR camera modules provide you high image quality and frame rates at small size, low weight, power, and costs (SWaP+C). Gain a plug & play experience to setup your embedded vision solution, enabled by the MIPI CSI-2 compliant interface, industrial-grade hardware, and drivers!
Benefits at a glance
Allied Vision’s Alvium SWIR cameras are the smallest industrial grade low-power uncooled short-wave infrared (SWIR) core modules on the market ideally suitable to build compact OEM systems used in embedded and machine vision applications.
- Small size, low weight, power, and costs enable you to build SWaP+C solutions:
- Compact closed housing with 29mm x 29mm x 38 mm (WxHxL)
- Bare-board and open-housing options for very compact system designs
- Low power consumption <2W ideal for battery powered system
- Innovative digital InGaAs sensors with the industry‘s smallest pixels and a high-precision sensor alignment at production time provide you great image quality, which will increase the accuracy of your inspection system
- High frame rates and flexible ROI control options empower you to speed up processes on-demand
- On-board Automatic Gain Control (AGC) and Contrast Control will enhance your vision quality under challenging conditions, like: 24h day & night imaging or when seeing through dust or haze
- A wide operating temperature range and on-board temperature monitoring secure you a reliable operation under diverse conditions
- Resolutions: up to 1.3 megapixels
- Sensor: Sony SenSWIR InGaAs sensors supporting a wide spectral range from 400 nm to 1700 nm
- Frame rates: up to 223 frames per second
- Housing options: Bare Board, Open Housing
- Lens mount options: C-Mount, CS-Mount, or S-Mount
- Power consumption: < 2W
- Operating temperature: -20°C to +65°C (case temperature)
Powered by ALVIUM Technology
ALVIUM® is a powerful, energy-efficient processor including an Image Signal Processor (ISP) and an Image Processing Library (IPL). It allows image corrections and pre-processing on the camera to optimize image quality and throughput for your application while offloading your CPUs on the embedded system.
|Alvium FPD Link3 and GMSL2 camera|
with open housing and Fakra Connector
|Alvium FPD Link3 and GMSL2 camera|
with closed housing and Fakra Connector
Alvium FPD Link3 and GMSL2 cameras
Based on the Alvium MIPI CSI-2 cameras Allied Vision now also offers Alvium cameras with FPD-Link3 or GMSL2. With an additional PCB including the Serializer Chip the Alvium FP3 and GM2 cameras enable long cable solutions of up to 15 meters. All camera features can be used, so it works exactly the same as the standard Alvium MIPI CSI-2 via V4L2. Additionally, there is the de-serializer adapter board available which connects to the embedded board. You can also use a carrier board from one of our eco system partners who already have the de-serializer onboard.
The cameras will be available in different housing variants:
open housing, closed housing or IP67 housing.
The open housing version is ready for prototyping upon your request.
To find out more get in contact with our experts.
The right accessories for every application
The Alvium 1800 C camera series can be equipped with several accessories. Click the button below to see compatible lenses, interface and I/O connections, and tripod adapters.
- FPC cables: Cables from 120 to 420 mm
- Interface connections: Adapter boards for various embedded boards
- Tripod adapters: Adapts between metric and imperial thread
Perfectly connected – thanks to powerful software
To operate Alvium 1800 C SWIR cameras on your vision system, Allied Vision provides different access modes:
- Direct Register Access (DRA)
to control the cameras via registers for advanced users.
Learn about Alvium control registers
- Video4Linux2 Access
allows to control the cameras via:
- V4L2 API
- Allied Vision V4L2 Viewer
- Frameworks like GStreamer and OpenCV
Open-source CSI-2 drivers are available on GitHub for different boards and system on chips (SoCs).