Find the right camera for dental imaging
Every application in dental imaging has its individual requirements. We know how to help you find the best camera solution for your application.
The digital hardware enables design and production of dental prosthetics in a digital CAD/CAM workflow similar to industrial manufacturing. The CAD/CAM workflow saves time, increases accuracy and is becoming increasingly important for dentists, clinicians, dental technicians, and patients.
The 3D scan is the starting point of the CAD/CAM workflow. Dental lab scanners create the 3D model based on the imprints made by the dentists. Alternatively, the scan is done directly by the dentist with an Intra Oral Scanner.
The oral 3D model can be supported by face imaging/scanning to match perfectly the patients aesthetics.
When choosing a camera for dental scanning, the following aspects are relevant:
- USB3 Interface to support any given PC connection at the dentist or in the dental lab
- Triggering function to sync with your structured light source/ stroboscope light or multiple cameras
- Various sensor variants on one camera platform speeds up your design-in phase if you have multiple cameras in your application e.g. for face imaging/scanning
- Accuracy of 5 - 15 µm is needed to create reliable data points on details and depth of the oral cavity
- Intra Oral Scan requires minimum 25 fps to avoid motion artefacts during the scan
- Small footprint of camera or even custom board design to fit the camera into your scanner
Compact and precise USB3 Vision cameras
The Alvium camera series has a USB3 interface and offers a large variety of sensors for you. Accuracy and speed at average level for dental scanning or even higher – once you have integrated the Alvium camera you can easily switch or add performance levels of your dental scanner portfolio.
Allied Vision has over 20 years of experience with medical OEMs. Alvium in small housing, as bareboard or with custom board design? Let us discuss your project.
Finding the right camera for your application
Allied Vision holds an ISO 13485 certification for the development and production of cameras for medical devices. By focusing on what counts for each customer, Allied Vision finds solutions for every application, a practice which has made Allied Vision one of the leading camera manufacturers worldwide in the machine vision market.
Our engineers design digital cameras with a large scope of resolutions, frame rates, bandwidths, interfaces, spectral sensitivities, sensor technologies, and technical platforms.