Alvium 1800 C
High-performance CSI-2 camera module for embedded applications
Alvium 1800 C is a small, high-performance industrial camera.
Benefit from high image quality and a wide range of sensors!
The powerful Alvium 1800 C MIPI CSI-2 camera series gives embedded system developers access to Sony’s high-performance image sensors popular in the machine vision industry. These sensors with resolutions up to 20 megapixels deliver excellent image quality and up to twice the frame rates compared to similar Alvium 1500 C models.
Benefits at a glance
Alvium 1800 C is a small, high-performance industrial camera. Benefit from high image quality and a wide range of sensors!
State-of-the-art sensors: Get access to Sony’s high-performance image sensors popular in the machine vision industry!
On-board ISP functionality: Advanced image corrections and free up your embedded board for other processing tasks
One driver fits all: Quickly integrate Alvium cameras and exchange models easily.
Intelligent power management: Design low-power or even battery-powered systems.
High bandwidth: Use the powerful MIPI CSI-2 interface with up to 4 lanes.
Image reproduction quality: Get the best out of your lens-to-sensor combination by high-precision Alvium Sensor Alignment.
- Resolutions: up to 20 megapixels
- Sensor: CMOS global and rolling shutter sensors from Sony
- Frame rates: up to 289 frames per second
- Housing options: Bare Board, Open Housing
- Lens mount options: C-Mount, CS-Mount, or S-Mount
- Image colors: Monochrome, Color
ALVIUM® is a powerful, energy-efficient processor including an Image Signal Processor (ISP) and an Image Processing Library (IPL). It allows image corrections and pre-processing on the camera to optimize image quality and throughput for your application while offloading your CPUs on the embedded system.
The Alvium 1800 C camera series can be equipped with several accessories. Click the button below to see compatible lenses, interface and I/O connections, and tripod adapters.
- FPC cables: Cables from 120 to 420 mm
- Interface connections: Adapter boards for various embedded boards
- Lenses: Over 200 C-Mount and S-Mount lenses
- Tripod adapters: Adapts between metric and imperial thread
To operate Alvium 1800 C cameras on your vision system, Allied Vision provides different access modes:
- Direct Register Access (DRA)
to control the cameras via registers for advanced users.
- Video4Linux2 Access
allows to control the cameras via:
- V4L2 API
- Allied Vision V4L2 Viewer
- Frameworks like GStreamer and OpenCV
Open-source CSI-2 drivers are available on GitHub for different boards and system on chips (SoCs).