Speed up your vision application
Alvium G5-510 with Sony IMX548 runs 81.0 frames per second at 5.1 MP resolution.Configure
The Alvium G5 camera series combines the advantages of the 5GigE interface for higher bandwidth and the flexibility of the Alvium platform offering various mount and sensor options. It enables an easy upgrade of existing systems (USB3 Vision or GigE Vision) and offers backwards compatibility with 1000BASE-T solutions. Powered by ALVIUM® Technology, the sugar cube Alvium G5 camera delivers highest image quality at a low power consumption.
|Interface||IEEE 802.3 5GBASE-T, 1000BASE-T, IEEE 802.3af Power Class 0 PoE|
|Resolution||2464 (H) × 2064 (V)|
|Sensor size||Type 1/1.8|
|Pixel size||2.74 µm × 2.74 µm|
|Shutter mode||Global shutter|
|Lens mounts (available)||C-Mount, CS-Mount, S-Mount|
|Max. frame rate at full resolution||81 fps at 525 MByte/s, Mono8|
|Image buffer (RAM)||512 MByte|
|Non-volatile memory (Flash)||1024 KByte|
|Bit depth||12-bit Bit|
|Monochrome pixel formats||Mono8, Mono10, Mono10p, Mono12, Mono12p|
|TTL I/Os||2 GPIOs (LVTTL)|
|Opto-isolated I/Os||1 input, 1 output|
|Power requirements (DC)||10.8 to 26.4 VDC AUX | IEEE 802.3af, Power Class 0 PoE|
|Power consumption||External power: 6.2 W at 12 VDC (typical) | Power over Ethernet: 6.9 W (typical)|
Image control: Auto
- Auto exposure
- Auto gain
- Auto white balance (color models)
Image control: Other
- Adaptive noise correction
- Black level
- Color transformation (incl. hue, saturation; color models)
- Custom convolution
- De-Bayering up to 5×5 (color models)
- DPC (defect pixel correction)
- FPNC (fixed pattern noise correction)
- LUT (look-up table)
- Reverse X/Y
- ROI (region of interest)
- Acquisition frame rate
- Action commands, incl. ToE (trigger over Ethernet)
- Bandwidth control
- Counters and timers
- Firmware update in the field
- I/O and trigger control
- Serial I/Os
- Temperature monitoring
- User sets
Installing and operating the camera
Extended hardware options
Software and firmware
- Software downloads: Vimba X, other SDKs and tools
- Firmware downloads: Camera firmware
FAQs and application notes
- Knowledge base:
Search the knowledge base for technical papers.
- Application notes overview:
Click here to search from all available application notes!
- Application notes recommended for Alvium GigE cameras:
Tripod adapter 3D CAD file (STEP)
Alvium tripod adapter short (ZIP)
Camera 3D CAD files (STEP)
- You need a 3D CAD viewer application to view and measure the STEP files. Download a STEP viewer free of charge: https://www.freecadweb.org.
- Go to the Camera Selector, select your Alvium model, and configure the corresponding hardware option (such as an Open Housing C-Mount camera).
- In the tile showing your Alvium submodel, open the "STEP files" link. See the image below.
- Download the files from the link selection shown at the bottom of the tile.
- To assemble housed cameras from the STEP file components, follow the Instructions included in the link collection.
Configure your camera!
Allied Vision approved machine vision accessories have been selected by our experts to deliver best possible image quality to your application with the greatest possible reliability. Our technicians and engineers conduct extensive tests with accessories such as lenses and interface cables in combination with our cameras. That way, we can recommend the best possible accessories and ensure maximal performance of your Allied Vision camera.
Software integration made easy
Alvium GigE, 5GigE, and USB cameras can be easily integrated into embedded systems with Allied Vision's next generation Vimba X SDK, a fully GenICam-compliant platform-independent SDK for all Allied Vision cameras with GigE, 5GigE and USB3 Vision Interface.
GenICam-based Transport Layers support the Alvium cameras and can automatically connect them to third-party software solutions such as MATLAB, OpenCV, Halcon, CVB, and many more.
To operate Alvium CSI-2 cameras on your vision system, Allied Vision provides different access modes:
- GenICam for CSI-2 Access controls the camera by GenICam features, using the Alvium CSI-2 driver and CSI-2 transport layer (TL) directly.
- Direct Register Access (DRA) to control the cameras via registers for advanced users.
- Video4Linux2 Access allows to control the cameras via established V4L2 API and applications like GStreamer and OpenCV.
Open-source CSI-2 drivers are available on GitHub for different