Alvium 1800 U-291 with Sony IMX421 runs 144.0 frames per second at 2.9 MP resolution.Configure
Alvium 1800 U is your entry into high-performance imaging with ALVIUM® Technology for industrial applications. Equipped with the newest generation of sensors, these small and lightweight cameras deliver high image quality and frame rates at the best price-performance ratio. With its USB3 Vision compliant interface and industrial-grade hardware, it is your workhorse for different machine vision applications whether it is on a PC-based or an embedded system.
|Resolution||1944 (H) × 1472 (V)|
|Sensor size||Type 2/3|
|Pixel size||4.5 µm × 4.5 µm|
|Shutter mode||Global shutter|
|Lens mounts (available)||C-Mount|
|Max. frame rate at full resolution||144 fps at 450 MByte/s, Mono8|
|Image buffer (RAM)||256 KByte|
|Non-volatile memory (Flash)||1024 KByte|
|Bit depth||8-bit, 10-bit, 12-bit; Adaptive (10-bit, 12-bit) Bit|
|Monochrome pixel formats||Mono8, Mono10, Mono10p, Mono12, Mono12p|
|TTL I/Os||4 programmable GPIOs|
|Power requirements (DC)||Power over USB 3.1 Gen 1 | External power 5.0 V|
|Power consumption||USB power: 1.9 W (typical) | Ext. power: 2.1 W (typical)|
Image control: Auto
- Auto exposure
- Auto gain
- Auto white balance (color models)
Image control: Other
- Adaptive noise correction
- Black level
- Color transformation (incl. hue, saturation; color models)
- Custom convolution
- De-Bayering up to 5×5 (color models)
- DPC (defect pixel correction)
- FPNC (fixed pattern noise correction)
- LUT (look-up table)
- Reverse X/Y
- ROI (region of interest)
- Acquisition frame rate
- Bandwidth control
- Counters and timers
- Firmware update in the field
- I/O and trigger control
- Image chunk data
- Readout modes (SensorBitDepth)
- Serial I/Os
- Temperature monitoring
- U3 Power Saving Mode
- User sets
Installing and operating the camera
Software and firmware
FAQs and application notes
Brochures and flyers
Tripod adapter 3D CAD file (STEP)
Camera 3D CAD files (STEP)
- You need a 3D CAD viewer application to view and measure the STEP files. Download a STEP viewer free of charge: https://www.freecadweb.org.
- Go to the Camera Selector, select your Alvium model, and configure the corresponding hardware option (such as an Open Housing C-Mount camera).
- In the tile showing your Alvium submodel, open the "STEP files" link. See the image below.
- Download the files from the link selection shown at the bottom of the tile.
- To assemble housed cameras from the STEP file components, follow the Instructions included in the link collection.
Configure your camera!
Allied Vision approved machine vision accessories have been selected by our experts to deliver best possible image quality to your application with the greatest possible reliability. Our technicians and engineers conduct extensive tests with accessories such as lenses and interface cables in combination with our cameras. That way, we can recommend the best possible accessories and ensure maximal performance of your Allied Vision camera.
Software integration made easy
To operate Alvium CSI-2 cameras on your vision system, Allied Vision provides different access modes:
- Direct Register Access (DRA) to control the cameras via registers for advanced users.
- Video4Linux2 Access allows to control the cameras via established V4L2 API and applications like GStreamer and OpenCV.
Open-source CSI-2 drivers are available on GitHub for different boards and system on chips (SoCs).
Alvium USB cameras can be easily integrated into embedded systems with Allied Vision's Vimba Suite, a future-proof, platform-independent SDK for all Allied Vision cameras with USB3 Vision Interface.
GenICam-based Transport Layers support the Alvium USB cameras and can automatically connect them to third-party software solutions such as MATLAB, OpenCV, Halcon, CVB, and many more.