Alvium 1500 C-050 with ON Semi PYTHON 480 runs 117.0 frames per second at 0.5 MP resolution.Configure
Alvium 1500 C is a revolutionary MIPI CSI-2 camera optimized for embedded vision applications. The Alvium 1500 C offers the performance and versatility of industrial cameras for the embedded world. Equipped with industrial-grade CMOS sensors from ON Semiconductor, Alvium 1500 C cameras deliver excellent image quality and high frame rates.
The standardized CSI-2 driver ensures quick integration with the flexibility to change camera models easily.
|Interface||MIPI CSI-2, up to 4 lanes|
|Resolution||808 (H) × 608 (V)|
|Sensor||ON Semi PYTHON 480|
|Sensor size||Type 1/3.6|
|Pixel size||4.8 µm × 4.8 µm|
|Shutter mode||Global shutter|
|Lens mounts (available)||C-Mount|
|Max. frame rate at full resolution||117 fps using 1 to 4 lanes, RAW8 (GREY)|
|Image buffer (RAM)||256 KByte|
|Non-volatile memory (Flash)||1024 KByte|
Imaging performance data is based on the evaluation methods in the EMVA 1288 Release 3.1 standard for characterization of image sensors and cameras. Measurements are typical values for monochrome models measured without optical filter.
|Quantum efficiency at 529 nm||53 %|
|Temporal dark noise||14.5 eˉ|
|Saturation capacity||7230 eˉ|
|Dynamic range||54 dB|
|Absolute sensitivity threshold||14.9 eˉ|
|Bit depth||10-bit Bit|
|Raw pixel formats||RAW8 (GREY), RAW10 (Y10) [MIPI CSI-2 (FOURCC)]|
|TTL I/Os||2 programmable GPIOs|
|Power requirements (DC)||5 VDC over MIPI CSI-2|
|Power consumption||Typical: 1.3 W|
Image control: Auto
- Auto exposure
- Auto gain
- Auto white balance (color models)
Image control: Other
- Black level
- Color transformation (incl. hue, saturation; color models)
- De-Bayering up to 5×5 (color models)
- DPC (defect pixel correction)
- FPNC (fixed pattern noise correction)
- Reverse X/Y
- ROI (region of interest)
- Acquisition frame rate
- Firmware update in the field
- I/O and trigger control
- Temperature monitoring
Installing and operating the camera
Extended hardware options
Software and firmware
FAQs and application notes
Brochures and flyers
Tripod adapter 3D CAD file (STEP)
Camera 3D CAD files (STEP)
- You need a 3D CAD viewer application to view and measure the STEP files. Download a STEP viewer free of charge: https://www.freecadweb.org.
- Go to the Camera Selector, select your Alvium model, and configure the corresponding hardware option (such as an Open Housing C-Mount camera).
- In the tile showing your Alvium submodel, open the "STEP files" link. See the image below.
- Download the files from the link selection shown at the bottom of the tile.
- To assemble housed cameras from the STEP file components, follow the Instructions included in the link collection.
Configure your camera!
Allied Vision approved machine vision accessories have been selected by our experts to deliver best possible image quality to your application with the greatest possible reliability. Our technicians and engineers conduct extensive tests with accessories such as lenses and interface cables in combination with our cameras. That way, we can recommend the best possible accessories and ensure maximal performance of your Allied Vision camera.
Software integration made easy
To operate Alvium CSI-2 cameras on your vision system, Allied Vision provides different access modes:
- Direct Register Access (DRA) to control the cameras via registers for advanced users.
- Video4Linux2 Access allows to control the cameras via established V4L2 API and applications like GStreamer and OpenCV.
Open-source CSI-2 drivers are available on GitHub for different boards and system on chips (SoCs).
Alvium USB cameras can be easily integrated into embedded systems with Allied Vision's Vimba Suite, a future-proof, platform-independent SDK for all Allied Vision cameras with USB3 Vision Interface.
GenICam-based Transport Layers support the Alvium USB cameras and can automatically connect them to third-party software solutions such as MATLAB, OpenCV, Halcon, CVB, and many more.