Vimba 2.1.3 - The SDK for Allied Vision cameras
Vimba is our future-proof platform-independent SDK for all Allied Vision cameras with GigE Vision, FireWire (IEEE 1394), USB3 Vision, and Camera Link interface.
- NEW: Action Commands programming example
- ARMv8 (64-bit) support for NVIDIA® Jetson TX1 and TX2
- Operating system independent
- Linux ARM support
- APIs for C, C++, and .NET
- Based on the GenICam standard
- GenICam-based third-party software automatically connects with Vimba's TLs (transport layers).
- Cognex Adapter for VisionPro (version 6.0 or later)
- Integrated viewer
- License for every Allied Vision camera free of charge
- Many examples
Take the Vimba Tour
Compatible cameras and operating systems
- Allied Vision GigE Vision cameras
- Allied Vision 1394 cameras (Windows only)
- Allied Vision USB3 Vision cameras
- Allied Vision Camera Link cameras (Windows only)
Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit), Windows 8.1 (32-bit and 64-bit), Windows 10 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Linux (for GigE Vision and USB3 Vision cameras)
Linux on standard PCs based on Intel-compatible 32-bit and 64-bit processors. Tested distributions:
- Ubuntu version 14.04 LTS ”Trusty Tahr” (32-bit)
- Ubuntu version 16.04 LTS "Xenial Xerus" (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Debian version 7 “Wheezy” (64-bit)
- Fedora version 23 (64-bit)
- Linux for ARMv7 (32-bit hard-float) and ARMv8 (64-bit hard-float) compatible embedded systems. Tested distributions:
- Ubuntu version 14.04 LTS ”Trusty Tahr” and version 16.04 LTS "Xenial Xerus"
- Linux for Tegra R24.2.1 for Jetson TX1 SOM (System-On-Module)
- OS X and QNX
The PvAPI (only for GigE cameras) has been ported and will be maintained until Vimba for OS X and QNX is released.
Third-party software solutions
You can also use Allied Vision cameras with numerous third-party software solutions.