Alvium camera series - embedded vision meets machine vision
Alvium opens up your options by combining the latest in embedded camera technology with the very best in industrial-grade camera design. Thanks to their shared hardware platform and driver, Alvium cameras are easy to integrate and upgrade. For the best solution, just select the right sensor, feature set and hardware options for your application.
Alvium Series - Designed to do more
- Powered by ALVIUM® Technology
- Robust industrial hardware
- Efficient power management
- Bareboard and open housing
- On-board image correction
- Long time availability
Alvium 1500 Series
Industrial-grade camera module for embedded vision
- MIPI CSI-2 interface with D-PHY
- Video4Linux2 and Direct Register Access control
- One driver for all models
- 3 sensors with up to 5 Megapixel
Alvium 1800 Series
Embedded/machine vision camera crossover
- USB3 Vision interface
- Additional closed housing variant
- Easy integration into embedded and PC-based systems with free Vimba software suite
- Compatible with GenICam compliant image processing libraries
- Advanced triggering functions
- 5 Megapixel
Easy software integration
Alvium 1500 Series - One driver, numerous options
All Alvium 1500 models rely on the proven Video4Linux2 or Direct Register Access control. They share the same driver for each host platform.
- Video4Linux2 (V4L2)
- Direct Register Access (DRA)
- GStreamer and OpenCV support
- Open-source drivers provided on GitHub
- Wandboard’s i.MX6-based development boards
- Nitrogen6_MAX with iMX6QP from Boundary Devices
- NVIDA Jetson TX2 / AGX Xavier / Jetson Nano
- Several NXP-iMX8-based boards
Alvium 1800 Series - Machine vision standard compatible
All Alvium 1800 cameras are easy to integrate with Allied Vision’s Vimba software suite.
- Multi-platform compatibility, including Windows, Linux, Linux for ARM
- Fast USB3 Vision interface
- Compatible with popular third party software libraries
- Free Allied Vision Vimba Suite, including driver, software development kit, viewer, tools and programming examples
- Can be used with many popular embedded boards
ALVIUM® Technology - the innovative core to our cameras
One chip, unlimited possibilities
ALVIUM® Technology supports a growing range of sensors and ensures that every sensor can be accessed via a single shared MIPI CSI-2 driver.
ALVIUM® Technology supports the energy efficient operation of our cameras by disabling unused functionalities.
On-board image pre-processing
For added performance or lower system costs, ALVIUM® Technology can transfer image correction and preprocessing tasks from your board to the Alvium camera.
Flexible camera control
ALVIUM® Technology supports embedded as well as machine vision camera control standards for LINUX and Windows systems.
To get the best out of Alvium, we’ve developed an extensive range of accessories to help you optimise your solution. Including S-mount lenses, embedded and adapter boards, all these components have been precisely tailored to offer you even more options and provide maximum compatibility with the Alvium Camera Series.