- Sony IMX250MZR polarized CMOS sensor
- IEEE 1588 PTP
- Trigger over Ethernet
- Power over Ethernet
Polarization camera with GigE interface
The new Mako G-508B POL polarizer camera is equipped with a Sony Polarsens™ 5.0 MP IMX250MZR CMOS sensor that incorporates the latest four-directional polarization filter technology. The on-chip nanowire polarizing layer supports four orientations (0°, 45°, 90°, and 135°). Four pixels together build a calculation unit to determine for each pixel the intensity and angle of polarization, similar to the debayering of an RGB or color sensor. By using pseudo-color look-up tables for each angle of polarization defects and areas of stress can be easily visualized. By default monochrome models ship with no optical filter.
Benefits and features
- GigE Vision interface with Power over Ethernet
- Screw mount RJ45 Ethernet connector for secure operation in industrial environments
- IEEE 1588 Precision Time Protocol allows for easy synchronization of multiple cameras and devices on network
- Trigger over Ethernet Action Commands allow for a single cable solution to reduce system costs
- Supports cable lengths up to 100 meters (CAT-6 recommended)
- Comprehensive I/O functionality for simplified system integration
- Easy camera mounting via standard M3 threads on top and bottom of housing or optional tripod adapter
- Easy software integration with Allied Vision's Vimba Suite and compatibility to the most popular third party image-processing libraries.
- Select between B 270 ASG protection glass and filter types: Jenofilt 217 IR cut filter, Hoya C-5000 IR cut filter, RG715 IR pass filter, or RG830 IR pass filter
When selecting a machine vision camera, the availability of the camera in the long term is an important selection criterion. Our online camera selector provides information on the availability of each camera model to help you choose the right camera for your needs. There are 4 categories related to the life cycle of each camera:
|Camera models that will be released shortly but are not available in series production yet.|
|State-of-the art cameras that are available and recommended for new design-ins. For these cameras, you can rely on long-term availability and support.|
Not for new designs
|Legacy camera models. They are still fully available to secure long-term supply to existing customers. However, if you plan a completely new design, we recommend that you look for a more recent alternative in the “Available” category.|
|A last-time-buy notification has already been distributed for these cameras. If you have been using them in your system for a long time, please place your orders before the last-time-buy deadline. See all discontinuations in the Product Change Notification section.|
Please contact our sales team if you need more information on product availability!
- Quantum efficiency
Imaging performance data is based on the evaluation methods in the EMVA 1288 Release 3.1 standard for characterization of image sensors and cameras. Measurements are typical values for monochrome models measured at full resolution without optical filter and unpolarized light. Contact Sales or AE for more information.
Image optimization features:
- Auto gain (manual gain control: 0 to 40 dB; 0.1 dB increments)
- Auto exposure (exposure time control varies by pixel format)
- Gamma correction
- One look-up table
- Region of interest, separate region for auto features
Camera control features:
- Event channel
- Image chunk data
- IEEE 1588 Precision Time Protocol
- Storable user sets
- StreamBytesPerSecond (bandwidth control)
- Stream hold
- Sync out modes: Trigger ready, input, exposing, readout, imaging, strobe, GPO
- Temperature monitoring (main board)
- Trigger over Ethernet Action Commands
Mako G-508B POL is suitable for a wide range of inspection tasks including:
- Surface inspection (for example damage, flatness, scratches)
- Low-contrast imaging (for example carbon fibre, tires, welding spots)
- Material stress detection
- Reflection reduced imaging
Please note: This selector filters lenses on technical criteria only. To find the right lens for your application requirements, please ask our Sales and Support teams for advice.
Trigger, I/O & power cables
Hub & Repeater
Camera installation, technical manual, and features
- Mako G QuickStart Guide V1.0.0The QuickStart Guide is available in 12 languages including Chinese, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Spanish, and Swedish.
- Mako G Technical Manual V4.4.5Find camera-specific information in the technical manual. See the Installation and hardware chapter for information on connecting your camera to a host computer.
- GigE Features Reference V5.5.0General overview of Allied Vision GigE camera and driver features – for Vimba users
- Camera and Driver AttributesGeneral overview of Allied Vision GigE camera and driver attributes – for PvAPI users
- Modular Concept External V11.7.0 | 2020-Apr-01Find out which options are available for your Allied Vision camera
3D CAD files (STEP)
Please right-click the link of a 3D camera model and select save as to download the file. After downloading, unzip the STEP file. You need a 3D CAD viewer application to view and measure the STEP files. Download a STEP viewer free of charge: https://www.freecadweb.org/