Incorporating latest four-directional on-chip polarization filter technology
Equipped with a PolarsensTM 5.0 MP IMX250MZR monochrome CMOS sensor, the Mako G-508B POL incorporates latest four-directional on-chip polarization filter technology from Sony.
The pixel-layer nanowire polarizing layer supports four orientations (0°, 45°, 90°, and 135°) so that each pixel of the sensor captures polarized light in relation to its specific wire-grid axis. Four pixels together build a calculation unit to determine for each pixel the intensity and angle of polarization, similar to the debayering of color sensors.
By using pseudo-color look-up tables for each angle of polarization, defects and areas of stress can be easily visualized.
With this polarizer camera, Allied Vision offers a cost-effective tool to unveil image features not visible with conventional imaging solutions:
- Reduce reflections that hinder a surface inspection
- Enhance contrast in lowlight conditions to detect shapes
- Detect various material properties, like stress, composition, or surface structure
Simply fill out the form below to download this application note and learn how the Sony Polarsens™ 5.0 Megapixel IMX250MZR CMOS sensor works in our Mako G-508 polarizer camera.
- Pixel-based polarization filters
- Polarization imaging standard operations
- Sensitivity of polarization sensors