Vimba 1.4 - The SDK for Allied Vision cameras
Vimba is our future-proof platform-independent SDK for all Allied Vision cameras with GigE Vision, FireWire (IEEE 1394), and USB3 Vision interface.
- NEW: USB support
- Linux ARM support
- Vimba is operating system independent
- Platform-independent APIs for C, C++, and .NET
- Vimba is based on the GenICam standard.
- GenICam-based third-party software automatically connects with Vimba's TLs (transport layers).
- Cognex Adapter for VisionPro (version 6.0 or later)
- Integrated viewer
- License for every Allied Vision camera free of charge
- Many examples
Compatible operating systems and cameras
Windows XP (32-bit only), Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit), Windows 8 (32-bit and 64-bit)
Linux on standard PCs based on Intel-compatible 32-bit and 64-bit as well as ARMv7 processors. Currently, only the GigE Vision transport layer is available. Tested distributions:
- Fedora 17
- Debian 6.0.7
- Ubuntu 12.4
- Support for QNX and OS X is planned. The PvAPI (only for GigE cameras) has been ported to QNX and OS X and can be used to integrate our GigE Vision cameras.
- Allied Vision GigE Vision cameras
- Allied Vision 1394 cameras (Windows only)
- Allied Vision USB3 Vision cameras
Third-party software solutions
You can also use Allied Vision cameras with numerous third-party software solutions.