Vimba 2.0 - The SDK for Allied Vision cameras
Vimba is our future-proof platform-independent SDK for all Allied Vision cameras with GigE Vision, FireWire (IEEE 1394), USB3 Vision, and Camera Link interface.
- NEW: Windows 10 support
- NEW: Camera Link support
- NEW: Improved graphical user interface
- Operating system independent
- Linux ARM support
- APIs for C, C++, and .NET
- Based on the GenICam standard
- GenICam-based third-party software automatically connects with Vimba's TLs (transport layers).
- Cognex Adapter for VisionPro (version 6.0 or later)
- Integrated viewer
- License for every Allied Vision camera free of charge
- Many examples
Take the Vimba Tour
Compatible cameras and operating systems
- Allied Vision GigE Vision cameras
- Allied Vision 1394 cameras (Windows only)
- Allied Vision USB3 Vision cameras
- Allied Vision Camera Link cameras (Windows only)
Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit), Windows 8.1 (32-bit and 64-bit), Windows 10 (64-Bit)
Linux on standard PCs based on Intel-compatible 32-bit and 64-bit as well as ARMv7 processors. Currently, only the GigE Vision and the USB3 Vision transport layers are available for Linux. Tested distributions:
- Fedora 17
- Debian 6.0.7
- Ubuntu 14.04
- OS X and QNX
The PvAPI (only for GigE cameras) has been ported and will be maintained until Vimba for OS X and QNX is released.
Third-party software solutions
You can also use Allied Vision cameras with numerous third-party software solutions.